Club Car Golf Carts manufactured after 1981 will have their serial numbers positioned just under the glove box on the passengers side of the vehicle and you will need this serial number to identify the year of your Club Car. The first two numbers will indicate the year your cart was made.
Club Car Serial Number Lookup
Step 1: Locate the Club Car Serial Number:
- Inside or under the passenger side glove box – Precedent (2004 & up)
- Under the passenger side glove box – DS (1981 & up)
- Under the driver side seat on the frame – Pre-DS (1975-1980)
Step 2: Look at the serial number to determine the model and year of your Club Car golf cart:
The first and second letter of the serial number is the model of your Club Car golf cart.
- A = DS Electric
- AA = DS Electric (48-volt)
- AB = DS Electric (36-volt)
- AC = DS Electric (48-volt)
- AQ = DS Electric IQ (48-volt)
- AG = DS Gas
- DS = DS Power Drive (48-volt)
- HA = DS Electric (36-volt)
- PD = Precedent I2L Excel
- PE = Precedent Electric 4 Passenger
- PF = Precedent Gas
- PG = Precedent Gas
- PH = Precedent I2 Excel
- PJ = Precedent I2 4 Passenger Excel
- PR = Precedent Professional Gas
- PQ = Precedent Electric IQ (48-volt)
- PS = Precedent L2 Electric
- PT = Precedent L2 Gas
- PU = Precedent I2 Signature Excel
- PY = Precedent Signature Gas
- PZ = Precedent Signature Electric
The first two numbers of the serial number is the year of your Club Car golf cart.
Here are two examples:
- If the first three digits of the serial number are “A00”, you own a 2000 Club Car DS.
- If the first four digits of the serial number are “PG09”, you own a 2009 Club Car Precedent.