Step 1: Locate the manufacturer’s code to determine the model of your EZ-GO golf cart:
Where your manufacturer’s code is located generally tells you which EZGO model you have (i.e.: TXT, RXV, Marathon, etc.).
- On the rear passenger side frame – RXV (2008 & up)
- Inside the passenger side glove box – TXT (1996 & up)
- Inside the passenger side glove box – Medalist (1994-1995)
- Under the passenger side glove box – Marathon (1976-1993)
- Under the driver side seat on the frame – Pre-Marathon (1965-1975)
On many of the newer EZ-GO's, they will have the words "TXT", "Freedom TXT", "RXV" or "Freedom RXV" listed on the side of your golf cart.
Step 2: Look at the manufacturer’s code to determine the year of your EZGO golf cart:
The last two numbers of the manufacturer’s code is the model year for EZ-GO's manufactured from 1979 & up (it's the first two numbers if manufactured from 1976-1978).
How to Find the Year of Your Golf Cart
Here are two examples:
- If the last two serial numbers of your EZ-GO manufacturer’s code are “92”, you own a 1992 EZ-GO Marathon.
- If the last two serial numbers of your EZ-GO manufacturer’s code are “98”, you own a 1998 EZ-GO TXT.
Below are a few links if you are in the market for a new golf cart charger: