Last Updated August 13, 2021
E-Z-GO Golf Cart Serial Tag Lookup
Step 1: Look at the manufacturer’s code to determine the year of your EZGO golf cart
The last two numbers of the manufacturer’s code is the model year of your EZ-GO golf cart manufactured from 1979 & up (it's the first two numbers if manufactured from 1976-1978).
Step 2: Locate the manufacturer’s code to determine the model of your EZ-GO golf cart
Where your manufacturer’s code is located generally tells you which EZGO model you have (i.e.: TXT, RXV, Marathon, etc.).
- On the rear passenger side frame – E-Z-GO RXV (2008 & up)
- Inside the passenger side glove box – E-Z-GO TXT (1996 & up)
- Inside the passenger side glove box – E-Z-GO Medalist (1994-1995)
- Under the passenger side glove box – Marathon (1976-1993)
- Under the driver side seat on the frame – Pre-Marathon (1965-1975)
On many of the newer EZ-GO's, they will have the words "TXT", "Freedom TXT", "RXV" or "Freedom RXV" listed on the side of your golf cart.
EZGO Year Model Examples
Here are two examples:
- If the last two serial numbers of your EZ-GO manufacturer’s code are “92”, you own a 1992 EZ-GO Marathon.
- If the last two serial numbers of your EZ-GO manufacturer’s code are “98”, you own a 1998 EZ-GO TXT.
Below are a few links if you are in the market for a new EZGO parts:
Visit this page for a full list of EZGO golf cart models.