If you've recently purchased a golf cart or are in the market for one, you may wonder what kind of cover you need to keep protected. A golf cart cover is a great way to protect your investment and keep your golf cart in mint condition. But with so many different brands, materials, and sizes on the market, how do you choose the right one? Many people don't realize that choosing the right one can significantly affect how well your golf cart is protected.
In this blog post, we'll be discussing how to choose the perfect golf cart cover. Considering material, size, and style, you can narrow down the options and find the best cover for your needs.
The Importance of a Golf Cart Cover
Golf carts are a great way to get around your neighborhood, golf course, or farm. But just like any other vehicle, they must be properly covered and protected when not used. If you own a golf cart, it's important to have a cover. Not only will a cover protect your golf cart from the elements, but it will also keep it clean and help extend its life. Choosing the right golf cart cover can be tricky, but with these tips and tricks, you'll surely find the perfect one for your needs.
Difference Between Golf Cart Enclosures and Covers
Golf cart covers come in two varieties - one designed to cover your golf cart while riding and the other for storage. Enclosures are a suitable option when you want to have a pleasant experience while riding out.
- Golf Cart Enclosure: Golf cart enclosures are designed to enclose the entire golf cart, protecting it from the elements on all sides. In most cases, golf cart enclosures also include a clear plastic windshield, making it easier to see while driving in inclement weather. A golf cart enclosure is a good option if you live in an area with lots of rain and snow or just want the utmost protection for your golf cart while riding. However, enclosures can be more expensive than covers and can be more challenging to install.
- Golf Cart Cover: Golf cart covers are designed to cover only the top and sides of the golf cart. However, a long cover will also help protect your tires against sun damage, which can be harsh on them over time if left unprotected. This makes them less expensive than enclosures and easier to install. Covers are also lighter and take up less space when not in use, making them an ideal choice for those looking to protect their cart when it’s stored in the garage.
Things to Consider While Choosing Golf Cart Cover
When it comes to choosing a golf cart cover, there are a few things you'll want to keep in mind.
- Size: The first thing is the size of your golf cart. You want to make sure that the cover you choose is large enough to fit over your entire golf cart, including any attachments or accessories. Fitting is an important aspect of buying a golf cart cover because it can help prevent dirt and moisture from getting into the material. A loose-fitting cover will be easier for storms or strong winds to blow off your vehicle, but if you have one that's fitted tightly enough, it will stay and protect your cart. We suggest choosing a cover made per your golf cart specifications.
- Material: Your golf cart's cover is an investment that will last for years, so it must be made from durable material and high-quality fabric. A water-resistant cover will help to protect your cart from the elements. It should also have an outer layer of durable material to keep it clean and looking great over time. If you live in an area with harsh weather conditions, you'll want to choose a cover that can withstand heavy rains and stormy winds. The fabric you choose must be strong enough to withstand rain and rugged weather conditions like sun or hail, so make sure the golf cart cover fits all your needs.
- Installation: If you struggle to put a cover on your golf cart, chances are you might drop covering your cart often. For that reason, it is important to find a cover that is hassle-free to install. And anyway, why struggle with putting on a cover when you can find one that is easy to install?
There are a lot of factors to consider when choosing a golf cart cover. But by considering the size of your golf cart, the climate you live in, and the type of material you prefer, you can narrow down your options and find the perfect cover for your needs. And with so many great covers on the market, there's sure to be one perfect for you!
Need some help finding the right cover for your golf cart? Stop by Golf Cart Garage, where our expert staff will guide you in selecting just what's needed!